Read our posts on:
Afternoon Tea Spa
Brig o' Balgownie
Cruden Bay Painting
Foos Yer Doos
Go Ghost Hunting in Aberdeenshire
Hot Air Ballooning over the Castles.
Make Up Lesson
Places To Stay
Places To Visit With Children
Race For Life
Scottish Tourist Attractions
Spa DaySpeed Dating
Automatically add us to Your Favourites Folder - Bookmark us.
Play our new game - Whack The Haggis!! - Now available for all formats including iOS, Android and desktop.
Over £100,000 of vouchers to be won - everyone's a winner!
Events in Aberdeen
Listing of things to do and special events in and around Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire Scotland:
If you would like your what's on Aberdeen event listed for free then please
contact me with the date, time, where it
takes place and other details you would like included. We can also add details to our social media pages on
Twitter, Facebook and Google+ which will help your events Aberdeen details be read much quicker and to more people.
What's On In Aberdeen
26 - One of our most favourite what's on and where to go events in Aberdeen is the
Castlegate Christmas tree switch on.
29 - Union Street Christmas Lights are switched on.
30 - St Andrew's Day.
I have published a book which tells the story of an Aberdonian military nurse who returns from Afghanistan and encounters The Grey Lady Ghost of the Cambridge Military Hospital. The novel reveals her origins and takes him to a pre-war Duthie Park, modern day Cruden Bay and back to the past to the Battle of Loos in World War One where he witnesses the Gordon Highlanders in action. This is the first in the series of Grey and Scarlet Novels by me, CG Buswell, and each book will feature a well known Aberdeen ghost and Aberdeenshire area as well as modern Scottish Infantry in action. Read the first chapter for free.
Ballooning in Aberdeenshire including those that take you over the Castles.
Book a Dolphin watching trip.
Book a seat on a Train Trip on the Orient Express which leaves Aberdeen station or other Scottish train stations.
If you run an Aberdeenshire event and wish to be listed for free then please
contact us. A website link back would be
Watch the salmon jumping at Falls of Feugh between September and November and between February to March.
- Touch of Tartan Ball at the Beach Ballroom.
- One of our most favourite what's on and where to go events in Aberdeen is the
Reindeer Parade at Crathes Castle.
- outdoor ice rink at Union Terrace Gardens.
If you like this page and would like to easily share it with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
Spa and Afternoon Tea
- Christmas Carol Concert at the David Welch Winter Gardens of the Duthie Park from 4 - 6pm.
- Evening Express Carol Concert at
The Music Hall, to book tickets see the
Box Office page.
- Santa Run at the beach and Pittodrie Stadium.
For details of what is happening throughout the festive season including the Christmas lights switch on visit the
Christmas page and the
Christmas Events section.
Tickets now available for the Inverurie Panto.
21 - The Shortest Day.
- Tattoo Convention.
24 - Leave a wee dram for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph!
There is lots to do and see over the Christmas period throughout the City and the Shire -
click here for a full listing in addition to those here.
For details of Pantomimes during December and January
click here and do take the children on the
Mall Centre Road Train.
25 - A very Merry Christmas!
25 - Temperance Walk at Inverallochy
26 December - Take part in the Boxing Day Swim and raise funds for your favourite charity.
Inflatable Snow Globe
31st Hogmanay - The AECC party. For this and more New Year's Eve details such as the Hogmanay fireworks display visit our Hogmanay page.
1 - Temperance Walk at Cairnbulg
2 - Temperance Walk at St Combs
- Burning of the Clavie at Burghead.
25 - Burns Night celebrations includes Burns suppers and ceilidhs.
14 - St Valentine's Day.
8 - Happy 80th Birthday Oor Wullie
- Mothering Sunday
- Jazz Festival
- Gang Show.
- Torcher Parade, Union Street one of the most popular events in Aberdeen.
1 - Buy Tartan Paint.
1 April - Please spare a thought for those who lost their lives on Flight 85N. Read about this tragedy and see photos of the granite memorial on the
Johnston Gardens page.
- Pet Hedgehog Show
- Beach Watch Clean Up.
- Granite City Rally.
- Free Entry to
Historic Scotland properties.
- Balmoral Road Race, Royal Deeside.
- King of Mountains Sportive.
- May Festival.
- Granite Festival.
- Baker Hughes 10k Race and fun run.
6 - Thomas Blake Glover born.
- Taste of Grampian.
- Happy Father's Day.
- Aberdeen Race For Life
- Castle Fraser Steam and Vintage Fair.
- Highland Games.
- Ythan Challenge
Stonehaven Feein Market at Market Square and Town Hall. Fun, frolics and banter for all the family and generations with a packed programme of live music and acts in the
square together with stalls, games, kids rides, great food, fare and good company. More info at www.feeinmarket.org.uk
St. Ternan's Fair in the Bellfield Park - ferret racing, SSPCA Companion Dog Show, Banchory Birl tent with traditional musicians and local stalls. Ends with Praise in the Park at 3.30pm
TBA- Flying Pigs perform live at
TBA - Emmerdale Extravaganza.
Grampian Country Fair
TBA - Oldmeldrum Sports Highland Games.
21 - The Longest Day.
- Armed Forces Day with a march down Union Street for members of the Forces, Veterans and Cadets.
TBA - Kevin's Day at Mackie Academy, Stonehaven from 10am till 4pm. This is a fun family occasion with various attractions and entertainment such as It's a Knockout, bouncy castle, teddy toddle, ceilidh, fun fair, car boot sale, craft stalls, face painting, climbing wall and 1k, 3k and 10k runs.
It is held in memory of Kevin Humphreys and raises money for charities such as The Anthony Nolan Trust in Scotland and Clic Sergent.
There will be a number of races which includes a 10k and 3k. To register for these go to www.born2run.co.uk
There is also a 1k race and for more information about how to take part please contact email@example.com
The organisers are also looking for teams of 10 to take part in the It's a Knockout. To register a team please contact carol firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Humphreys can also be contacted by those who wish to book a stall. This includes traders as well as stall holders or traders.
- Scottish Traditional Boat Festival at Portsoy
6 - Please spare a thought and prayer for those who died on The Piper Alpha this day in 1988.
Extreme Stunt Show.
Stonehaven Folk Festival.
- Classic Cars and Jazz on the Lawn.
- Free Duthie Park Ballet and Opera Concert.
- Wizard Festival
- Peterhead Scottish Week.
The Lady Boys of Bangkok.
- A new event in Aberdeen is the Northern Lights Music and tickets for this will be on sale soon.
For more information visit
Seaton Park Concert Northern Lights Music Festival.
- Tarland Show.
- International Youth Festival.
- Grampian Military Vehicle Tattoo.
- Arbroath Sea Fest.
- Aboyne Highland Games.
Banchory Beer Festival
Fyvie Live concert tickets now available.
- Tartan Day.
- NEX Factor singing competition and concert. For more details of this please visit the
Concerts and Music section.
- ChildLine Scotland Midsummer Ball
at the Marriott Hotel in Dyce.
Lonach Gathering and Games, Strathdon.
- St Ternan Medieval Fair, Banchory.
- Turriff and District Pipe Band Competition.
- Feugh Fest
- Braemar Highland Games and Highland Gathering at Braemar.
- The Garioch Theatre Festival.
- Aboyne and Deeside Festival.
- Deveron Music Festival
at Duff House, Banff.
- Country Fair.
- Pride In Aberdeen.
- Bon Accord Bike Ride.
- Crathes Vintage Car and Motorcycle Rally
at Crathes Castle.
- Grampian Truck Show at Grampian Transport Museum, Alford.
- Motorvation at The Grampian Transport Museum, Alford.
- Aberdeen Walkathon.
Inverurie Beer Festival
Banchory Beast Race
- Cyrenians Annual Charity Sleepout.
- Jailbreak Challenge Children 1st.
- North East Open Studios Neos throughout the region.
Food and Fiddle Festival
- Braemar Creative Arts Festival.
- One of our most favourite what's on and where to go events in Aberdeen is the
Doors Open Day - Free admission to over 32 attractions
and venues throughout the Shire.
- Peterhead Fish Fest
31 - Halloween Events.
Huntly Hairst Halloween Food Festival.
5 - Bonfire and Fireworks Night.
- Remembrance Sunday.
- Illuminator Half Marathon
- Independent Record Label Market
- Enchanted Castle Crathes